Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lonyae Miller at a Glance

Sport: Football
School: Fresno State
Number: 1
Position: Running Back
Year: Junior
Major: Kinesiology
Hometown: Fontana, Calif.


Q: When and why did you start to play football?
I started playing football when I was eight years old. My family was into athletics and they played football.

Q: What other sports did you play growing up?
I played basketball once in middle school but I wasn’t too good at it…. Track was my main sport.

Q: What has been your most rewarding experience off the field?
I made honor roll two years in a row.

Q: Why did you choose Fresno State?
The personality and how they are known nationally. I really liked the academic programs too.

Q: What is your favorite childhood memory?
The day I got my Nintendo 64. I was pretty excited.

Q: What do you consider your greatest accomplishment so far as a student athlete?
Being one of the first ones out of my family to make it to college was an accomplishment for me. Being able to compete on a Division I level is exciting.

Q: What do you still hope to accomplish as a student athlete?
As a student I plan on getting my degree within four years. On the field, I would like to make it to the next level and play in the NFL. If that doesn’t work out I would like to make a name for myself at Fresno State and have people look up to me as a veteran running back.

Q: What’s on your iPod?
A little bit of everything. I listen to some Metallica, Jimmy Hendrix, Lil Wayne.

Q: What do like to do when you are away from the field?
Most of my time is spent on the Xbox, doing homework or hanging out with my girlfriend.

Q: Name your favorite class…
Kinesiology 125

Q: What is your game day routine?
Because I am really nervous before a game I tend to throw up. If I am not throwing up I am listening to my iPod while getting some warm-ups in.

Q: What is your favorite television show?
I’m not a big TV watcher but if I had to pick any show it would probably be the The Hills. I have a girlfriend who watches it all the time. I am starting to get into it now.

Q: Who has influenced you the most if your life?
My father without a doubt. He has been with me since I was eight years old and given me all the tools I need on and off the field. He has developed me into what I am now. I respect and admire him for that.

Q: What do you want to do after college?
I would like to settle down and take care of my son.

Q: What is the best advice you have ever received?
If you want something you have to do what you have never done to get what you have never had.

Q: Who is your favorite athlete?
Terrell Davis

Q: If Hollywood were to make a movie about your life, which actor would play your role?
Denzel Washington

Q: If you were to win a million dollars what would be your first purchase?
I’d probably buy a Benz

Q: Describe the perfect meal…
Pizza

No comments: