Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Alana Curtis - At A Glance

University of Idaho
Sport: Women’s Basketball
Number: 22
Position: Guard
Year: Sophomore
Major: Journalism
Hometown: Fort Collins, Colo.

Q: When and why did you start to play basketball?
A: I was in fifth grade and it was because my parents signed me up for it.

Q: What other sports did you play growing up?
A: My first sport was golf. I also played softball and ran track.

Q: What has been your most rewarding experience off the court? A: Winning the Colorado High School Press Association Newspaper Sweepstakes my senior year of high school.

Q: Why did you choose to become a Vandal?
A: I loved the campus and wanted to be a part of rebuilding the basketball program.

Q: What is your favorite childhood memory?
A: Running around the house and making up games with my sister.

Q: What do you consider your greatest accomplishment so far as a student athlete?
A: Starting in several games as a freshman and shooting 82 percent from the free throw line.

Q: What do you still hope to accomplish as a student athlete?
A: Making the All-WAC team.

Q: What’s on your iPod?
A: Everything from Led Zeppelin to Dr. Dre and from Al Green to Justin Timberlake. I love all kinds of music, as long as it’s good.

Q: What do like to do when you are away from the court?
A: NAP! I love taking naps!

Q: Name your favorite class…
A: History of Rock and Roll

Q: What is your game day routine?
A: In the afternoon, I always eat, then take a shower and take a nap before we leave for the game. The nap is essential.

Q: What are your expectations for your team this season?
A: I expect to win several preseason games and to be competitive in the WAC.

Q: What is your favorite television show?
A: Family Guy and House

Q: Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
A: My dad.

Q: What do you want to do after college?
A: A lot. I want to either design for ESPN the Magazine or Rolling Stone and eventually make a documentary about black people in America.

Q: What is the best advice you have ever received?
A: You can do whatever you want in life.

Q: Who is your favorite athlete (professional)?
A: Allen Iverson and/or Kobe Bryant

Q: If Hollywood were to make a movie about your life, which actor/actress would play your role?
A: Sanaa Lathan

Q: If you were to win a million dollars what would be your first purchase?
A: A guitar.

Q: Describe the perfect meal…
A: Old Chicago pizza, followed by Walrus ice cream (a local ice cream shop in Fort Collins).

No comments: